Defence Forces Employment Support Scheme
The Defence Forces Employment Support Scheme is targeted at unemployed 18-24 year olds who face significant barriers to gaining employment. The Scheme seeks to provide these participants with new skills, competencies and self-development that will enhance their capacity to pursue employment, work experience or further educational opportunities.
The Scheme encompasses a training programme of 10 weeks duration, consisting of 5 weeks of military orientated training interspersed with 5 weeks of educational orientated training. Participants are exposed to an environment which encourages personal development, achievement and hard work and, on successful completion of the programme, should be able to:
- Display social and team skills.
- Display other skills that increase their employability and prove their competence to prospective employers, leading to the likelihood of obtaining sustained employment or successfully entering further education for this purpose.
- Demonstrate an increased sense of self confidence, self discipline, self motivation and self worth
- Demonstrate an increased level of physical fitness, physical fitness education and motivation.
- Communicate more confidently with potential employers.
For further information please contact DFESS@welfare.ie